Sunday, February 5, 2012

Riding in the winter in Gunnison CO and big projects.

We've had a warmer than normal winter so far and less snow also. This meant that I have been riding my bike a bit and not skiing much. It is actually the first time in many years that I haven't done the Nordic marathon Alley loop ski race. I rode my bike. I had a 2 hr ride in the snow at Hartman Rocks. It was sunny and it made it feel warmer than the mid 20s that it was.

I've taken on two really big projects this winter. The first is the aforementioned Tour Divide race. Many a detail to work out there. I think I have the bike set up ready to go. I just have to figure out how far apart the towns along the route are so I can refuel. I think it will go well.

My second big project it a bicycle race I have become the director for. In the hopes to get our Western State Team in the top standings in NCAA Div II, we decided to host a timed tour or gran fondo. I'll be 130 mi from Gunnison, out the north rim of the black canyon, to Crawford, Paonia, and back over Kebler pass to finish in Crested Butte. So many permits etc to get laid out. Check out the web site.. West Elk race....

Well off to play in the snow pile with the kids...

No comments: